Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Shasta

I haven't been here in quite some time and there are just so many things I can write about. In fact, I could write all day on one thing or another. For instance, the Supreme Court vacancies, the arrogance of the Democratic Party Leadership, the ACLU's constant and continual assault on American citizens who acknowledge God in the public square, the excessive amounts of taxpayer dollars spent to bring condoms, 'safe' sex education, and abortion to third world countries who need antibiotics far more desperately and don't want anyone telling them how many children they can have and why, as well as all the money spent to have major blow out concerts to nobly, but misguidedly, call attention to world poverty and insist that taxpayers pour more money into mismanaged programs that are supposed to be dealing with this issue already, instead of putting their own money where their message is, but I will let those issues wait a bit.

Instead I would like to call attention to a most remarkable young lady named Shasta Groene. She has endured what I as an adult shudder to even think about having to endure a small part of. This young lady has provided police with detail after detail of her ordeal and because of her courage will be assured that her family's killer will never know freedom again.

I, of course, only have the news reports and the pictures of her with her dad that have been released to the media to go by, so mostly I am expressing my opinion about Shasta and her situation.

As I listen to various reporters discuss what traumas Shasta will have to deal with due to the repeated brutal assaults as well as what she has witnessed, they all express the hope that she will get the help that she needs, and she is going to need a lot.

To that end, I will not forget this young lady, but will keep her in thought and in prayer; that she will overcome all of it and live a victorious life of triumph over evil, an evil that lives side by side with all of humanity, and one that threatened to devour her, but did not. She has escaped its tenacious grip and my prayer is that she gets the help she needs to shake it free from her heart and minid as well.