Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 14, 2005

No Rhyme or Reason

I blog so seldom that I sometimes wonder why I keep this blog. The truth is that there is this thing inside of me that says I like to write. However, I am so spastic about my commitment to it that I debate keeping it, canceling it, keeping it, canceling it; you get the picture.

Suffering from depression adds to the uncertainty of why I bother as well as the knowledge that my opinions are unpopular enough to have people gnashing their teeth at me because they don't like what I believe.

Interestingly enough, I disagree with plenty that others have to say, yet no bile producing hate wells up in me towards any of the persons possessed of differing ideas, thoughts and words. Funny too, but not haha, that these are the very people who call me the intolerant one for my views. I don't get it but I kind of do get it. (Hey, it is statements like that which prompted the No Rhyme or Reason title for this blog entry.)

Alas though, I don't feel well enough to argue with folks, and I suppose I am harmless enough.

What is wrong with this thought: I think that the people of Iraq, as well as the (enslaved) people of North Korea, the people of the Dafur region of Sudan, and many, many others, need a free people, unified, who would lay it on the line so that they would not be enslaved, tortured, murdered and oppressed. I think free people like us, owe it to others who don't have the incredible, mind boggling freedoms and choices that we take so for granted, to help provide the same opportunity to those who are oppressed by their fellow human beings.