Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Reprephensible and Irresponsible Behavior of Newsweek

However does a magazine with such a large circulation and that enjoys an excellent reputation allow themselves to stoop so low due to their disrespect for the Bush Administration and our involvement in Iraq, to publish a bold lie such as they did regarding the Quran and prison detainees?

Innocent mistake? Maybe. Maybe not. The end result however, has been deaths of innocent people; not to mention an outcry for some USA apologetic groveling heard all the way around the world!

Funny how quickly (and stupidly) people pick up on the offensiveness of the flushing of the Quran, but not one article (that I could find) was written questioning the sense of flushing someone's holy book to get them to talk. If someone flushed my Bible, I might get mighty ticked off, but it wouldn't make me inclined to talk.

Speaking of which, if the authorities of any Christian detainee flushed said Christian's Bible, where would the media be? Would it even be reported? And if it was, who would care? Who would be bent out of shape? Who would become violent over the disrespecting of a Christian's holy book and have every major newspaper printing stories of church leaders demanding an apology; among other demands?

My point? Doesn't it seem to be a lopsided situation? Are Muslims and the Quran the only religious people and religious book deserving of respect and tolerance?