Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 26, 2005

African Americans and Abortion

Here are some grave statistics regarding abortion and the African American population. Keep in mind that these statistics come from abortion reliable sources such as the Alan Guttmacher Institute, which is the research arm of the Planned Parenthood Federation in America, the leading provider of abortions in the USA (and possibly around the world).

Stats: The African American community makes up only 12% of the population of the United States, yet has 35% of all abortions. In Mississippi, where African Americans make up 37% of the state population, they receive 73% of all abortions in Mississippi! Not only that, but Planned Parenthood locates over 78% of their abortion centers in or near minority cities!!

What slavery and oppression by the government or any of the racist population in our nation was unable to do, African Americans are allowing abortion to do to their numbers; freely.

In the name of 'choice' and 'freedom' or sometimes simple selfishness that does not want to be tied down to anyone, African American women are seeming unwitting accomplices in the genocide of their race.

This was my biggest concern when I helped out in the pro-life community; getting this information out to the young black women that I would see, but amazingly, but probably understandably in our self-centered society as a whole, they professed to not care.

Sometimes I think about how I would feel if this were true of my race and someone of another race dared to bring that information to me. Would I receive it? Would I believe it? Would I even bother to look into if it was the truth or not? Upon finding out it was the truth, would my heart change for my people? Or would my heart still be fixed firmly on me? I just don't know what I would do, I really don't. It is in keeping with that thinking that I go forth sharing this true and factual information, so that it can be known that I do it for information purposes and no other.

Abortion was bound to have backlash of some kind, whether folks want to admit it or not. After all, over 1 million babies are aborted every single year in the United States alone! That is a lot of people not being born by someone else's 'choice'.