Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 26, 2004

Opening My Eyes

I am often on a quest to get to the bottom of the things that I read. This is in direct contrast to so many around me who read something in the newspaper and repeat it as if it is not only the truth, but as if they were the person whom the information originated with.

With the failure of newsstations such as ABC and CBS and their affiliates to bring us the actual news rather than their opinions which are designed to influence our thoughts and opinions, I have increasingly turned to the internet for the gathering of my newsworthy information. By doing so I am also free to discard what I consider worthless and investigate what seems rather fishy to me.

That is why I began this little blog for it helps me to write when things frustrate me with the added bonus of someone stumbling upon what I say and linking to some of what I consider newsy and informative.

For instance, when you read the newspapers regarding the US led coalition's war in Iraq, you can get the impression that it was about WMD's. Though WMD's-think Kurds who were chemically murdered-were used by Saddam and he was certainly interested in killing more people in the near future, the war against Iraq was the result of Saddam's failure to abide by a rather large amount of UN sanctions he agreed to back when his invasion of Kuwait was overturned.

He who has ears let him hear what his eyes read in the following speech given by a former Communist to an audience at Georgetown University in October of 2004 before the election. It is a long and worthy read:

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=16103

I once shared at a message board that I read a news magazine known as World. There was someone there who dismissed it as something biased that she would basically never give the time of day to, let alone read. I challenge anyone on how they can consider themselves informed if they will not read something simply because it is a Christian publication. I have been around many years now and this young person who is not even of voting age has a cynicism that puts my anti-war, feminist year opinions to shame! She, and those like her, do themselves and their peers a grave disservice to be afraid of the facts because the facts might show them to be wrong, and worse, show that their dearly held positions and opinions are based on lies.

My eyes began to open shortly after succumbing to one of the lies of the feminist movement when I found myself a bitter single parent wondering where NOW and PP were now that I was in such incredible pain from my decisions which were wholely influenced by those of their organizations. I took myself to the library and began to read what exactly was the opinion of feminists such as Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton. It was the beginning of a journey I continue to find myself on; a journey that had my belief system totally shattered and me starting over, with many regrets, at the age of thirty-three.

May the eyes of my understanding be continually opened.