Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 15, 2004

The Patriot Act and Other Government Issues

The Patriot Act has been the subject of concern since its implementation shortly after the attacks of 9/11, attacks which I believe many Americans have either forgotten or settled in their minds the President Bush ordered them; thank you Michael Moore and shame on those who believe someone who spews hatred for America, Americans and their leadership.

All things considered, I do wonder how many people who snort at the mention of the Patriot Act have even read it in its entirety or know how and why it is needed. The old Big Media doesn't like it, can anyone tell? I can. I can tell that they don't like it by their unfair and biased coverage of said Patriot Act, any attempt at implementing it and the publishing of anti-Patriot Act stories; thank you very much ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, UPN, WB, and AP!! Oh AP!! I used to count on you for printing stories that told the real story, not a slant designed to influence the minds of people like me who are so busy and count on you to tell me the truth. Now I am even busier with making sure that I know some of what you print stories about; some of the truth of what you print stories about.

The United States government and agencies such as the FBI are charged with the protection of this entire country. All I ever seem to read, or all that gets the big headlines, are the times that they fail in this charge, or when their tactics are questioned, i.e. the Patriot Act. It is of utmost importance that the FBI does not have their hands tied in times such as these where they have to be one step ahead of those who want to destroy the USA and our way of life. I don't see any of their critics stepping up to the plate and giving of themselves and their time for the safety and welfare of our citizens. Can one imagine tons of documents recovered that are in Arabic and very few available to translate? Yet so many speak with such authority of things they know nothing about. There are plenty other issues of concern with the protection of American citizens and property by those who take on a government position which employs them to do such things, but rather than criticize maybe we can support them instead?