Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween and Christianity

We don't celebrate Halloween. Almost every year of my children's lives we have not. We cannot. It is the only holiday out of all the holidays that the Catholic Church 'Christianized' that is so blatantly tied in with the worship of Satan himself.

People get so offended by a stand such as I have, but why? That is my belief and it should be respected. But it is not. The tolerance card has a darker side which is called intolerance for anything Christian.

Part of the reason why I think people get so put off by my stand is because they take it personal. I don't mean it personal and certainly don't think that the little ones that dress up so cutely are coming to my door for candy and later bowing down to the devil. I open my door if I happen to be home and give them candy. I think they are very cute and some of the costumes are very well made. But I also include a gospel tract in the treat bag as well because as a Christian I am called to tell the Good News. I won't deny the truth within the Word and God's command to me. By no stretch of the imagination does this mean that I don't like little children who trick or treat on Halloween.

It cannot be denied, however, the connection with the spirit world of evil that Halloween is party too and that we make our children unwitting participants of.