Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Optimism versus Truth

While I voted for President Bush, knowing him to be the man who won't sell our country out to any world organizations, courts, or treaties we have no business signing, this by no means means that I am oblivious to certain truths about his administration.

Just one case in point before I go back to washing that dang kitchen floor (which hasn't seen washing in months and I have company coming this week).

The situation in Iraq is far from rosy by any stretch of the imagination. I am all for being optimistic, heck, I don't think I would be able to get through my life lately if I were not, but I do prefer the truth, optimistically speaking of course. 8-)

However, I do keep in mind the Big Media's penchant for going in the complete opposite direction with anything at all regarding President Bush and any and all decisions he makes. You have to be suspicious of the news organizations as a whole when they cannot find one good thing to say about the President, just as I was suspicious about the 'perfect' candidacy of John Kerry.

Thus, I am thankful for the blogsphere; though by no stretch of the imagination are they fountains of truth themselves. The great part about blogs and the internet is that we 'regular' folk are able to research the information we are getting as well as anyone else. Matter of fact, it seems that the Big Media is quite lacking in that area, preferring not to research but to print things they hear or read somewhere else.

Yikes!