Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Ordinary People

What ordinary people like me don't realize most times is that the world is bigger than us and our little lives. Not that our lives and loves and families are not important, oh no, because they are very important. I am talking about living outside of our little world.

I have neighbors that have extremely limited vision in that sense. It is obvious that they love their family and care about their neighbors; at least as much as people who gripe over too many leaves on their property from a tree that is not in front of their house can be. Even though I care not about such things, I live next door on both sides to people who are extremists in that sense. Always keeping in mind my own shortcomings and ever aware of evil afoot and crouching at my door, I do realize that in the eyes of God I am no better than they; sinners in need of forgiveness. To that end I have always tried to g et along with these people, though they pried and complained and gossiped and even made things up about us and spread the lies to the other neighbors. (you get to know about that sort of thing when you have neighbors that gossip and don't mind telling you why so and so does not like you). In the end though, I live my life better then they do, albeit falling short of the Glory of God, because I will not gossip about them to any one, though I do speak of how their hurtful words and actions have impacted my family to my family, and my family only. In addition, I continue to respect their property and have always taught my children to do the same. No running across their lawn, etc. Truth be told, my sons can tell you some stories of my getting upset because their ball went on the persons lawn and I was paranoid they would come out of the house hollering. (this has happened plenty of times in the ten years we have lived here) Further, I would never be adverse to admitting my shortcomings, apologizing, and making restitution if possible. The only problem is that I have not done anything directly to them, hence there is nothing to restitute, admit or apologize for; except for lately I have no patience with their nasty little selves so I have not put up with it, instead telling them to leave us alone if they have nothing nice to say.

For instance, we had a dumpster in our driveway when we were remodeling. The neighbor did not like looking at it and even got all angry and demanded we finish the job quickly cause he was sick of looking at it! Yet, he had no problem using our dumpster as his dumping place for junk out of his garage. They have come on our property without our permission, they have called the town and complained about a legitimate vehicle in our driveway (that is none too pretty) which they do not like looking at, and have even told me to my face that it is about time I weeded my side yard which is right next to my front door!! Do I tell them I have had a failed surgery and am lucky if I can bend down for brief periods of time with my medication so I have not been able to do something I really love doing? No, I don't. I actually felt my jaw drop open when he said that because I could not believe how far seemingly ordinary people will go to being concerned about what other people are doing!!

See what I mean? One can not find common ground with self-righteous people, indeed they sit in judgment on us very often. These are the things, simple little living things, that make them crazy. We don't even have to do a thing purposely, we just live, and they are bothered by it. The trouble all along for us has been that we don't think like that so we never realized, even by those little clues being dropped over the years, just how far these people have gone in their resentment of our way of life.

If ever anyone wonders what perfect people are like you can come and visit me. I live pretty much surrounded by them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home