Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

Commenting On An Aspect of Miers Nomination

I consider myself a conservative and I don't think that conservative leaders received any assurances that Miers would oppose Roe v. Wade. If anything they were probably pandered to politically due to possible leader and voter disappointment in the President's nominee. I actually like President Bush and think he is a strong leader for these times, but I am not blind nor deaf when it comes to the politics of Washington D.C., from a member of any party. That is why I further think that Miers is a 'safe' choice for the President as opposed to any of the highly qualified persons he could have nominated, many of who I believe are personally and morally opposed to the abortion of an entire generation at this point with more to come, as I believe Miers to be. Of course that is my personal opinion.

When it comes to Roe though, it is highly unlikely that even if the high court began to lean in that direction with related opinions that are subsequently handed down, the reversal of Roe is many legal battles (and $$) away. At the very list, revisiting Roe v. Wade would adress some issues that were not adressed in the initial case, and that is the beginning of life question that technology was years from revealing via ultrasound, back in the 1970's. At the most, what is so bad about a law protecting unborn children even if it is protecting them from their own mothers? In the end, legal or illegal, abortion is really about both a beating heart and a changed heart, for without a changed heart, those who support this horrific practice will continue to do so. All one has to do is look at the Partial Birth Abortion cases and read some of the arguments. Grown men and women totally disregarding a human baby's death in the name of 'rights'.

I am all for the overturning of Roe v. Wade but in the end I want a Justice on the Supreme Court who is going to interpret our Constitution the way the Framers (for all their faults) intended it to be. I don't want an activist like Justice Ginsberg on the court even if she were an activist for the Conservative agenda. I want to see our country governmental branches operate as they were intended to because I do not want to see our way of governing perish.