Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Random Current Event Thoughts

In the news of late is the recent earthquake in a very poor nation, kiling thousands of people in a poverty striken nation; a poverty striken nation in poverty courtesy of the countries leaders. In other words, if the leaders weren't so dang greedy, its people would not be so utterly poor. This is probably the most attention and care they have ever received, for a couple generations too!

Then we move right along to the bombings in Bali. Was it Bali? I think it was. Bombings designed to continue to terrorize, and subdue through terror, those who the terrorists absolutely hate and want to do away with, annihilate, if you will. Who can even comprehend such intense hatred? I cannot. I would say that the average joe in the street cannot either. Mostly we are concerned about what is for dinner and who needs a ride where and when. I think though, that we better start paying attention to this sort of thing as well as the poor of the world.

We move from there to more tropical depressions forming in the waters of the Atlantic, activity such as this ocean has not seen in many, many years, dumping tons of water on nations, swamping all that people own, destroying it and taking lives as well.

Here in the US we have the questioning of a certain Mr. Delay, a very suspicious investigation backed by a certain questionable person of note that the media conveniently keeps the spotlight off of. Of course if one has done wrong one should pay, but inventing things for political power play purposes serves no good purpose and is a waste of taxpayer dollars and an insult to the American people.

In addition to that, the little deli where we have been buying our milk and cold cuts for almost eighteen years was closed for almost an entire week due to a death in the family. I knew that Dilip (he is a man from India) had his father-in-law working there who is very old, so I thought right away that maybe it was Pop. I was saddened to hear that it was in fact, Dilip's wife, and the death was sudden. They have two small children, a boy and a girl, the girl is about eleven or twelve and the boy about eight or nine. I wish that there was something that I could do for him and his family. I know that many family live there together, but I also know what it is like to be married. He must be devastated. When he spoke to me, he accepted my condolences and looked as if he would cry. Terribly sad.

So, there it is. All over the world sad and sorry things are happening. And that is as random as random can get of current event thoughts.