Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Bad News About The Character Of Some People

I won't point the finger of blame, which the media has continually fixed firmly on President Bush. Nor wil I vent my horror, my anger, or my frustration at how it is difficult to get to the bottom of the various reports riding along the information highway. What I will do is pay tribute to those who were trapped in the city of New Orleans, people who became the innocents sacrificed to the lions in the modern day coliseum that the city became when it was pretty much abandoned.

All for one and one for all, no, wait, that is: every man for himeslf. It didn't have to be that way, yet for many unable to get out, it was. But not by choice, but rather by the inescapable hand that fate dealt them via decisions made without their knowledge and consent.

Tears flooded past the levees of my eyes, pouring through every breach possible, cried in vain for, and crying along with many who were horrified to find themselves with no resources and at the mercy of the merciless. For many, it was their last day or days on this earth and for others their illusion of, had they once been among those who had this phrase in their vocab.: "people are basically good' was completely shattered as they desperately searched for a place to hide.

If, by any chance our family is called upon to consider taking in a family from this area, I hope and pray that all the hearts of my family be prepared in advance. I have my questions ready to ask the person with whom I will speak, to make sure they are not of the crowd who thinks they are owed something by someone, somehow! I do not feel bad in any way that I will do this, for why should I? It is not about race, it is not about any silly name for things people made up, it is about giving help to those who really want it and need it!

I am my brother's keeper.