Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Hearts Are Changing

There have been some studies released recently showing that more youth are against the aborting of the unborn. Of course where are my facts to back up my statement there, somewhere around here or on the internet where I read it. Interestingly enough though, I get some of that information from the Alan Gutmacher Institute which is the research arm of Planned Parenthood. I am not sure, however, if that particular study was theirs, even though they do many studies regarding abortion.

It gives me hope for my nation when I read the results of these studies and even some of the statements some of these dear young people make. Every single one of them was born into a society that considers the aborting of an unwanted pregnancy as some kind of given, right, God given or constitutional. That is why to hear that hearts are turning away from that vein of thinking and beginning to acknowledge the most vulnerable of our society gives me great hope indeed.

Soon I will return to the crisis pregnancy ministry and once again see some of the youth of our nation, mostly inner city, on a regular basis. I have missed it these last few years and look foward to returning. The top two things that I miss about it is sharing God's love with these young people and the young people themselves. When I think on my years there and those I have met, I can recall situation after trying situation, dire, fear-filled, despair, crying uncontrollably, and too often, laughing in the face of some of the facts about abortion and the risks teens are exposed to when they chose to have sexual relations. For sure I cannot recall many faces, but I can recall their stories and how they touched me and changed me. Working with them and knowing the love of Christ in my own heart has firmly established in my heart that it is hearts that should change, not laws, though I of course do believe laws should protect the unborn just as surely as they are supposed to protect the born child from an abusive parent. It is the heart change though, that ensures that it is by their own free will they come to the truth and it changes them forever. A law can make you do something you don't want to do, but a heart change, oh a heart change, makes you free from the law, in the spiritual sense, that is. I wouldn't want anyone reading this to think I am an advocate for lawbreaking.

So, anyway, before my ramble gets too rambly and I end up deleting the entry, It is good that I will be returning and that my return will be during a time when the death mentality of the young is beginning to turn to life, good indeed. 8-)

Oh yes, and when I locate those studies I will surely be back to post the information.