Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Some Myths And Facts

Yup! Here it is. Some of that stuff I had hanging around to post here. Arrrgh, I couldn't remember where I put it. And then, I didn't feel like writing! Why? Mostly because I hit that backspace key way too much because I am a lousy typist. Always have been. Imagine failing typing two years in a row and passing stenography with the top speed in the class!!

Well, this is why the Democrats are the worse deceivers that I have seen in my time involved in current events as pertains to politics. This filibuster madness that they childishly have grabbed a hold of and haven't let go of yet, mentality-wise is at the top of the list. Never mind how qualified the candidates that the president rightfully is allowed to appoint, never mind that the candidates would pass on an up and down vote, never mind that the right thing to do is to allow that vote, the Democratic leadership in the U.S. Senate today is the bottom of the barrel ethically.

I have written to my senators about this issue and their letters are always returned to me and worded in such a way as to make me feel my lack of experience in their world. However, I recognize that they utilize that advantage so as to be 'right' and me be wrong.

For instance, my senators, in response to my complaining of the filibuster is to point out that only ten of the president's 214 judicial nominees were filibustered.

The real truth is that almost all of those confirmed were to lower federal district courts. You see, the big deal is the President's nominees to circuit courts of appeal. Here is the most telltale piece of data: Ten of the president's 34 appeals nominees were filibustered!

There are quite a few other revelations I have discovered hidden beneath the rhetoric of the Democratic leadership as well as the letters I receive from my representatives, but I will post one more before I sign off, which is, to me, the most telling of them all.

The Democratic leadership made such a big deal about the 'constitutional option' as if it were a horrible thing that the Republicans were trying to do by invoking it. They played it up, the media played it up, hyping that these Republicans were power crazed, and perhaps even anti-constitution or something and labeled the threat to invoke this option as a Republican Power Grab!

However, when a minority of senators prevents an up and down vote on the very well qualified and majority supported if given a vote judicial nominees, that is the real power grab. And if our media were doing the job that they are supposed to be doing, the American public would be reading about it in the papers and hearing it on the news, instead of the Big Media becoming nothing but a megaphone and sounding board for the agenda of the Democratic leadership.