Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Persecuted Church

I don't understand the lack of coverage that is given to the atrocities that occur all over the world to those of the Christian faith. Can it be that our so called 'tolerant' and 'compassionate' society is stone cold without feelings when it comes to those persecuted for their beliefs?

The Chinese people have always fascinated me. I think that God has made some incredibly beautiful women in those of Asian decent. 8-)

In China today, the 'unregistered' church, is the, quote: "largest active church movement in the world and comprises 80 percent of China's Christians" unquote.

We talk about tolerance in our American society today, but all it seems to be is a clever cover for the advancement of just about any immoral and extreme behavior that people filled with 'hate' and 'intolerance' are looking to advance.

Chinese women, of any faith, suffer at the hands of their government, assisted by our government funds and organizations (i.e. Population Fund), with forced abortions. All Christians risk imprisonment, torture, and death for simply wanting to worship God in their own way. Funny that we Americans don't seem to care; or at least our media blares headlines of torture of Iraqi prisoners but has no room for the torture and death of Chinese Christians.

Years ago when I first became a Christian, I remember sharing my faith with someone and inviting them to church. Their reply was to state, without even meeting anyone in the church-talk about pre-judging-that the church was full of hypocrites. I suppose it never occurred to them that they themselves could be guilty of hypocrisy, they are so busy judging everyone else that doesn't conform to what their views are. Funny too, that these are the very things that others criticize Christians for doing!

Talk about having eyes to see and ears to hear! 8-)

www.persecution.com