Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Time moves TOO fast...

We are more than halfway through the month of July and I haven't posted a lick of a line about anything in my life or any of my opinions about so many things that I have opinions about!

It is Tuesday night and we are being bombarded by hail the size of quarters! It is being driven sideways by the winds that are accompanying these storms smack up against the windows and doors. I am curious to see what kind of damage the hail may have done to our vehicles, but that will have to wait till tomorrow. Supposedly these storms are the deliverers of the cold front bringing a break in the heat wave that we have been in the grips of. I sure hope so! I have been swimming in our pool every day for a while now and Sunday, Monday, and today, Tuesday, and the water has been getting warmer and warmer with each passing day. Today it was a whopping 92 degrees! That is like a sauna bath! But we have been in every day since the concern about the water being too cold to go into has not been a concern for many a day! Ha-ha!!

I have all the computers off (we have a couple in the house what with my mom's and my husband's work computer as well as the two desktop ones that we have. I am on my laptop running off the battery with no plug in the wall at all and using the wireless connection. The lightning is completely lighting up the night sky and the doppler shows that there are more bands of intense rains still to come.

Ny husband is on his way into the Philly areaa nd hopefully driving away from this craziness! Of course we are left behind here to deal with it. 8-) I don't mind really, as long as we don't lose power, or if we do, that we don't lose it for too long. We always meant to get a generator, but never quite go around to it. Oh well.

It looks like I have a major project of cleaning up the pool tomorrow. Before it got dark, I could see all sorts of debris floating around in there. It will have to wait though, till I return from a trip to purchase our school materials for the next school year...already! We start in approximately a month! Though I keep forgetting that the air conditioning in the truck stopped working over the weekend which, every time that I remember makes me not want to go out in the truck anywhere! At least it isn't supposed to be as hot tomrrow as it has been, though without air conditioning one can only imagine what a hot seat it is in a vehicle with leather seats.

Well, that is the plan for tomorrow, so we will see if the plan is put into action. And then we will see if I journal whether or not I put that plan into effect. 8-)