Eyes to See/Ears to Hear

In order to combat my annoyance over the unwillingness of media outlets to tell the truth and avoid letting their bias rule, as well as to have an outlet for my very (at times) wordy self, this blog has been created by yours truly. This will be an accounting of events in the world, my country, and my little piece of the world as best as I can see it, hear it, and relay it.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Why I Will Continue to Vote Republican:

A recent letter to the editor:

I am voting Republican because I believe that at its core it represents those things that I value most; less government control over my life, lower taxes (though many individual Republican representatives seem to wimp out come voting time, especially with 'pork barrel' spending) and respect for the unborn. The latter is the most important reason, you see, because I believe that when you respect life right at its beginnings, your heart is a little more alive than those who don't; and I want people with the right heart in government places. It is also the main reason why I respect our current president, even though I don't agree with some of his decisions.

I hope too, that there are many people like myself who will hang on and in with the Republican Party because the alternative is, with the exception of the few pro-life representatives in the Democrat camp, a party that has embraced a platform of death.

I know it sounds so terribly dramatic and all, but consider that abortion rights (at all costs and caution to the wind as far as regulating the clinics or restrictions on minor children availing themselves of the surgical procedure that abortion is) are about the end for someone; an innocent someone, and maybe then what I said isn't quite dramatic enough.

Have the Republicans failed to live up to the promises they made to the Values Voters upon whose wave they rode on into the seats of Congress? Yes, they have! But is it time to wash our hands of the party and/or politics totally? A resounding NO! We have to hang in there because there are many Republicans who do care about the unborn, about fiscal responsibility, and about their constituency whom they are supposed to represent. We, the Values Voters, must let those who have failed us (and are failing us) know what we think and where we stand; firmly and often! And if we are praying people, we pray that their hearts will not fail them, that they will not be swayed by the influence of the power that comes with politics, and that ultimately they will do the right thing; in most cases the right thing being what the people have elected them to do.